Thursday, May 22, 2014

Self-Reliliance Tip of the Week - Are You a Sponge-Kid Too? May 22, 2014

You little "natural" sponge...


I enjoy going to classes and learning just about everything I can get my hands on **. Some days I feel like a little sponge-kid (as opposed to Sponge Bob) and soak up as much as I possibly can. This especially applies to anyone willing to teach a class on herbs. I love what they have to offer us in any way Heavenly Father has provided them for our use.

I am not a doctor, so this email has not been evaluated by the FDA, DEA, DOJ, PETA, or EFTPS to cure or prevent any disease. But honestly, I've never looked to any of them for reliable information on...anything...except maybe a shoe-tying tutorial or something. So, use the information I am about to share with wisdom and prudence (wink wink - D&C 89).

In one class I went to, by an herbalist, we were given a hand-out called, "Best Herbs for Emergency Preparedness Kit". As I list them, you will see some herbs mentioned more than once. That is because in the wisdom of our loving Father, he planned it that way. This list is not "complete" in any way, but it IS a good start! The herbs and organs they strengthen/ uses are listed as follows:

Antibiotic:      Garlic, Goldenseal root, Oregon Grape Root (all three are antiviral and antibiotic)

Liver:             Cilantro - regulates liver enzymes and function

Gall Bladder:   Yarrow: removes blockages and acid in the gall bladder
                        Hydranea: dissolves stones in the gall bladder

Spleen:             Oregon Grape: Strengthens the muscle
                         Yarrow: purifies the blood (and prevents reoccurring infections)

Lymphs:            All Spice: removes tumors and blockages in lymphatic system
                        Dandelion: cleanses lymph nodes

Heart:               Burdock: strengthens ventricles, pulmonary, aorta
                        Hawthorn: cleanse atrium/ muscle strength
                        Arjuna: valves, veins
                        Apple pectin: cholesterol, plaque

Bronchial:         Mullein: removes mucus from the respiratory system

Pancreas:         Sage: removes sugars from the blood
                       Rosemary: strengthens pancreas

Adrenals:         Eleuthro: cleans and helps filter
                       Chickweed: neutralizes acid

Kidneys:         Nettle: creates mucus to rid stones
                      Horsetail: neutralizes acid

Blood Purifiers:  Oregon Grape, Yarrow, Burdock, Sage, Chickweed, Nettle, Dandelion, Yellow Dock

Circulation:      Cayenne: thins the blood in large and small capillaries 
                        Horse chestnut: cleanse veins

Sinuses/ 
Allergies           Ginger: drains
                        Uva-Ursi: dries sinuses

Parasites:          Rue (for adults)    Dill/ Cumin (for children) - Diet of no refined foods/ sugars/ dairy 
                         when killing parasites.

Bowels/ 
Constipation       Rhubarb Root

One time when my sister was visiting me, her husband woke in the middle of the night with a head-ache and asked her to go to the cupboard to look for some Tylenol. When she opened the cupboard, all they found was herbal tinctures. "Uhhhh....." They had no idea how to use them. "Go to the bathroom cabinet." He told her. There they found one bottle of Tylenol in my husband's cabinet.

It is important to become educated on how to use herbs before you just start "poppin' capsules". One of my favorite websites is http://www.herbs2000.com/. There is a lot of information on specific herbs, their uses, and recommended dosages. You can even search by ailment. ROCKA ROCKA!! (Notice I didn't say "raca", because that would put me in danger of hell fire :) ).

I believe doctors and modern medicine are excellent tools to have. I also believe we have been given many tools to care for ourselves. Self-reliance has never been so sweet.

**I have been contemplating teaching some classes on herbs. If anyone is interested, let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment