How do I know if I stepped on her toes?
There is a Beast prophesied in the last days. The Beast might symbolize a person, a group of people, or countries (or all three, symbolism is funny that way). This particular beast will not however become kind. There are certain things we need to watch out for when it comes to the "sign of the beast" because it can affect every aspect of our own lives and the lives of our family.
What I am about to say might sound a little Sci-Fi'ish (is that even a word?) because frankly...40 years ago you might have been laughed out of a room for what I am about to say; however, how can we avoid something if we don't see it coming (kind of like a smart-car)? Let's do a little background check on this humdinger of a "fella" . We find a lot of our information from Revelation's 13.
Elder John Patmos ( The Apostle John who was sent to remote desert peninsula of Patmos as a prisoner) around the age of 92 had this crazy vision about all kinds of things that would take place in the last days. Daniel had the same vision. This vision is loaded with literal and symbolic things. Sometimes the symbolism can throw any reader for a loop...unless you know what certain symbols mean. Then, like a parable, it can open up and be as easy to understand as your favorite movie.
The heading to chapter 13 in the Bible says, "John sees fierce-looking beasts that represent degenerate earthly kingdoms controlled by Satan—The devil works miracles and deceives men. "
- seven - is the Hebrew symbol (throughout scripture) meaning "whole or complete"
- head - your head is who you are - who you choose to be.
- ten - a whole part (part of something else, but is also complete by itself)...an example could be a child, the child is complete by itself, but is part of something else - the parents
- crowns - their authority, royalty, kingdoms
Here are some other juicy tidbits about the second less powerful beast:
So, these beast...things... are pretty ugly, but he/they appear(s) to do miracles and deceive those that dwell on earth. It sounds like our favorite felted strawberry (the anti-christ) is a part of the whole process. If I were a betting woman, I'd say that is the "blasphemy" written on the heads of the beasts. This "beast" also has a financial system:
Here is where I apply this to our day. Picture this...a world in economic upheaval, a great need to become "unified", a financial system in need of "rescuing"...
What if all your financial, personal, and health information were located in one convenient place? A little microchip smaller than the size of a grain of rice literally in your hand? Below are two real commercials trying to sell this very idea. If I were trying to sell someone on an idea that they weren't on board with, I would use these marketing strategies to sell it (see if you see any of these in the commercials):
- Convenience - why carry a wallet or keys? Your money, ID and electronic key are with you all the time.
- Safety - Do you have a family member with a memory illness that you want to know where they are? Or a wayward teenager? Problem solved. Just track them.
- Everybody is doing it - that one speaks for itself.
- Freebies! - How would you like your credit score cleared? What would you say to free fuel or groceries for a year? Healthcare? Would you do it then?
- We will get you a job!
- It is for your own good - We really do care about you *wink wink* and a * tooth sparkle*
This is an IBM commercial:
This is a verichip commercial:
How can families avoid being a part of this?
- Get and stay out of debt
- Be self-reliant
- Be aware
- Refuse to be a part of it
The funny thing about symbols in scripture is that often times, it happens more than once. The things prophesied also happened in the days of Nero, but know...the latter-day story of Beauty and the Beast also has a happy ending (minus the mushy kiss). Good will triumph. That is Heavenly Father's plan.
If you would like to learn more about some of the questions Joseph Smith had in regards to John's "Revelations", read D&C 77 : https://www.lds.org/