Thursday, June 26, 2014

Self-Reliance Tip of the Week - Changing Tires or Diapers...Which One Stinks Worse? June 26, 2014

Tires - Can't Live With Them - Can't Live Without Them
A few days ago my husband blew a tire on his trailer. He asked me later if I would help my son change it. I don't have much experience with changing  a tire, but I figured it couldn't be TOO hard.
When I got ready to "loosen" (haha haha hahah) the lug nuts I realized I didn't have the right tool. So, I tried to use some of my husband's other tools to get those stinkin' things off! It took me probably 30 minutes to get the lug nuts to the point that my son could even start his part. Needless to say, my husband finished the job.

For any guys out there, you might think, "This is the easiest thing in the world!" For the ladies, not so much. It is important for us to know basic car repair/ maintenance so if we are ever stranded, we can get back on the road in no time. Many people might think, "Duh! That's a no brainer! Call AAA!" But what if you are in a dead zone and your cell phone doesn't work? It is better to be prepared.

So - my challenge to you is to....
Practice Changing a Tire

All those who can change a tire by next Thursday will receive a bar of hand-made soap. I just made some Teatree, Orange and Oatmeal soaps. (wink wink)
Even though changing a tire can stink worse than changing a diaper, it will be a good exercise (physically and emotionally).

%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%

So, we've had an ant problem (as opposed to Aunt problem). We went to Home Depot and Walmart for the BEST OF THE BEST in ant...suppressant (muhahah). We tried the ant hotels and syringe gel poison.  Neither one took care of the problem.

Enter - clove oil. I put 1/4 C water and 7 to 10 drops of clove oil in a small spray bottle. I sprayed them directly. They stopped dead in their tracks. I only had to do it a few times that day and suddenly, the ants stopped coming in the kitchen all together. I wonder if they could hear the haemolymph (ant blood) curdling screams of their comrades in arms - because they stopped completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment