Friday, November 1, 2013

Self - Reliance Tip of the Week - Oct 31, 2013 - What Are We Doing?

I recently went to a middle school concert for Band and Orchestra. Since I have played the flute for years, I noticed a really nervous 7th grade flautist (a flute player) who kept looking at the girl to her side to make sure she was playing the right thing. I've so been there before! I'm sure you know that feeling too - not quite new to "playing", but still not so sure you're doing it "right". 

Self-reliance can be the same way. We all know the basics of what we need (food, water, shelter, sanitation), but are you doing it right? Some may be thinking, "My neighbor has all of these newfangled gadgets, they must be more prepared than me..."

Don't get me wrong, a goal to get the top of the line water filtration system is well worth the extra money and a good buy...unless you don't have the finances to get it.If you need to, save up for it - there is no shame in that. Staying out of debt is as much a part of self-reliance as buying food. If someone you know is using a credit card to purchase thelatest and greatest in "prepper" accessories, it will come back to bite them something serious...with interest...kind of like an American Staffordshire Terrier...with five sets of shark teeth. Yeowers! That's gonna leave a mark!

Prayer, research and practice are the only sure ways to know that you're going to succeed in the "Concert of Self-Reliance". Others may be looking to you for an example.

No comments:

Post a Comment